5/6/11

WOTD #4

Today's word: friends

Definition: (according to dictionary.com) people attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard

Reason: The first reason this word came to mind today is two very dear friends are in town to visit. The second is I just left a retirement party for someone from my office. Although I have very different relationships with these people, both situations started me thinking about friends and what they mean in life. I found it heartwarming to see a table of old friends at the retirement party. A group of women who have experience much of life together in some way. Tonight, I will get to catch up with my own friends, and although I have not known them for 30 years yet, we too have shared life experiences that define us. Our relationships with others truly make life worth living, and I hope I tell my friends often enough how much they mean to me. I know I am not always the best at keeping in touch (especially via phone...as almost anyone can attest to), but my friends mean so much to me. Even if I just need to see a smiling face or vent over coffee, I appreciate all of you.

I almost picked "lackluster" as today's word since I feel that describes my current blogging status. Life seems to be getting in the way this week, but I hope someone is getting something out of reading these nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment