5/4/10

QOTD #2

"One day it will be professional to wear low-top converse to work, especially dinosaur low-tops. That'll be the day." -Josh

So within the last 24 hours, dinosaurs have become the trending topic in my world. Thanks guys. Adam even threw in a "Dinosaur impatient" at me when debating lunch plans this afternoon. Nice. However, today's quote gets the post not only because it is one of two quotes Josh worked on to tweet at me, but because it was even re-tweeted (thanks to J. Brady!). It also wins because it references Converses, which rock, and getting to dress down at work.

As I mentioned yesterday, this is dead week at FSU. Which means, jeans every day. However, I have still felt the need to wear dress shirts and/or shoes. Why? Because somewhere along the line I was conditioned to do so. Yet this is still a nice break from the norm at least. Everyone is a little more laid back, and I find it relatively pleasant.

To shout-out to Converses, I love them. Although I personally only own two pairs at the moment (due to budget and usage constraints), I always enjoy seeing a good pair of them. I also really enjoy seeing them used in more formal settings like work, weddings, etc. Go for comfort!

My current favorite Chucks:
And I don't know if this is what inspired Josh, but I think they work:


I do not know if we can keep up the dinosaur quotes enough to keep them relevant, especially when things begin to pick back up around here, but I promise that if Josh keeps sending them my way, I will incorporate them into each post. Or maybe dinosaurs will just become the new theme. Either way, enjoy!

Sidenote: I miss calling it a brontosaurus, although I think the triceratops was always my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment