5/10/10

QOTD #6

"I'll think about it tomorrow." -Scarlett O'Hara, Gone with the Wind

Anyone who has ever met me knows how much I love the story of Gone with the Wind. I read it for the first time in the 8th grade, have watched the movie more times than I can count, own numerous collectibles, and may come across as a crazy person about it (oh well). I attempted to read the sequel, Scarlett, but could not get through it. (I did watch the mini-series based on it, though, when I was home bound after surgery on my foot in high school.) I most recently read the newest take on the story, Rhett Butler's People, which I enjoyed.

Nonetheless, I have finally gone back to read the original book a second time, and I still love it. I could also write for days on it, but that is not the point of this post. I chose this quote today because much has been going on lately, and I find this quote appropriate.

We often juggle many things at once, and I have found that we often do not realize how much we are taking on until we sit down to hash it all out. I sometimes find myself putting off thoughts until tomorrow in order to get through what I think I need to do today. However, this has shown to not always work out when there is no putting it off until tomorrow. Sometimes, like now, things hit you all at once that are not going anywhere anytime soon.

So what do you do? Well, you hope to find the support you need to make it through. One of the best qualities about Scarlett O'Hara is her strength and perseverance. Yet, even she had some shoulders to lean on throughout her journey. Luckily, times like these remind me of those that support me. And to all of you, I say THANK YOU. You mean more than you will probably ever know.

After all, tomorrow is another day.

One of my favorite scenes from the film, which I just reread:

6 comments:

  1. I was told to comment. This is me commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...you could have at least tried to make it a real comment...come on now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously... Julie, you fail. Try agiain. :)

    I haven't read the book or seen the movie. I'm intrigued. I will let you know what I think. As for the quote... remarkable is the word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I guess my SECOND attempt at a comment would be... I'd hope to have or gain the wisdom as to know what can be put off till tomorrow. I understand there are certain things that can knock the wind out of you and "aren't going anywhere any time soon" but I also think there are things that *can* be put off till tomorrow so you can handle those things that aren't avoidable.

    However, I certainly second the notion that finding and having the necessary support is crucial. Yay support networks! :)

    How's that Regina?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since Sherman (and not a pack of dinosaurs) destroyed Atlanta, I am able to comment today. Kel, what makes you a million times more wonderful than Scarlett (besides the fact that you do not wear your curtains in public) is that you appreciate the love and support that others give you and don't just think it's your due. In reality, it's simply a reflection of all the love and support that you've given to us time and time again. We just rarely have an opportunity to reciprocate...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie: much better
    Suze: thanks for not only commenting, but for everything :-)

    ReplyDelete