5/28/10

QOTD #20

"I was reading your blog..."

Today marks the official end of the Blog-A-Day-In-May Challenge. I am relieved and sad. This year's competition seemed a little different from last year. We had not only new challengers, but new readers as well. I went with more of a theme this time instead of just normal blogging. We also had just a change in the overall feel in the event that I do not think I can really explain.

I have said before how much I enjoy blogging. I find it a good way to get (at least some) thoughts out. I like keeping in touch and learning about others by reading their blogs. However, I have really enjoyed how much this year's challenge seemed to really bring a number of us together. And this is not just the challengers, but those around us and our readers. I felt a sense of communication across people new and old. For example, Susan throwing her support behind Regina, even though this is the only way they really know each other since they have never met.

This year has also led to interesting conversations outside of the blogs. "I was reading your blog and it made me think of..." "Well after reading your blog I realized..." "Your post today was..." Even when we could not think of what to blog, it became the topic of conversation. Camaraderie through competition. Somewhat like my comments yesterday, I enjoy the interactions and draw competition can have on a group of friends.

So good job everyone. I hope we keep it up, and I certainly look forward to next year!

Oh, and a note to any readers, I am pretty sure you will get a chance to have voice in this year's winner. So stay tuned.

Sidenote: I may have a better quote later since a number of us are heading to dinner, but I wanted to make sure I did not miss the final day. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment