5/13/10

QOTD #9

"You're not making the compelling case you think you are!" -Cam, Modern Family

I have not watched all of Modern Family, but what I have watched has been pretty funny. If you have not watched, it is a sitcom about today's family life. Older man remarries a younger Latino woman with a son much more mature than his age. Son lives with his gay partner and their adopted Asian daughter. Daughter is married with three crazy kids. Okay, I do not feel like getting into all the details of the show here, but you should watch it.

Last night was the next-to-last episode of the season where the family is in Hawaii. The gay couple, Cam and Mitchell, were supposed to be going on all sorts of day trips and adventures. However, it comes to light before they embark on a trip to a lavender ranch that Cam does not really enjoy all the little adventures, and he decides to keep the daughter and stay at the hotel. As the bus pulls away, Mitchell tries some last pitch efforts to convince him, but Cam yells out the above quote and heads to the pool.

I pretty much lost it at this line. Why? Because be honest. How many times have you wanted to just yell this out to someone and walk away? Really? Cam said it with a little smile and a wave, which I suppose would be sufficient in some cases, but I can imagine a number of times I wish I had just said this to someone. "Hey, Kelly, we should go jump off a cliff. Just think about the rush we will get as the air rushes past and the ground quickly approaches!" "You're not making the compelling case you think you are."

So no one has actually said that, but I am much to tired to think of a witty or true example. You get the idea. This is a great quote. My goal is to use it. Often.

3 comments:

  1. This quote might have been useful when the whole "you should wear a costume when you perform for the DSA" argument occurred.

    Though do please document when you use said quote in the future! It will be exceptionally entertaining, I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, that would have been a really good example

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the PERFECT quote for 60% of the conversations in my life! I have a difficult time determining if I'm that much more logical or if everyone that I talk to is just completely lacking in common sense. Either way... love the quote today, Kel. And PS: I loved the song from yesterday too! I shared it with my office.

    ReplyDelete